Hamilton Arts Week is an annual civic celebration of the arts that launched in June 2015. In its first year, Hamilton Arts Week saw a busy week of arts events presented by over 50 partnering arts organizations, with awareness driven by an in-kind ad campaign in The Hamilton Spectator and online engagement. In 2016, our second year saw even more community events along with our Opening Launch, the City of Hamilton Arts Awards After Party, and a Closing Celebration.
For 2017, the Hamilton Arts Council is releasing two calls for participation for this year's Hamilton Arts Week. See below for details!
CALL FOR PUBLIC PERFORMERS & PRESENTERS
The Hamilton Arts Council is seeking proposals from local artists in all disciplines to provide public performances and demonstrations during our third annual Hamilton Arts Week from June 3-9, 2017. With the support of the Ontario 150 Community Celebration Program, we will be working with Hamilton’s various BIAs and other community partners to animate public spaces across various Hamilton neighbourhoods with pop-up style live performances and demonstrations by local artists. We are requesting proposals from artists of all backgrounds interested in providing artistic programming.
*EXTENDED* DEADLINE: May 23, 2017
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The Hamilton Arts Council invites Hamilton-area artists and arts organizations to participate in the 3rd annual Hamilton Arts Week from June 3-9, 2017. A celebration of the arts in our community, Hamilton Arts Week is a civic movement to encourage widespread cultural engagement in our city among all Hamiltonians. This is your opportunity to reach new audiences and encourage Hamiltonians to engage authentically with the arts in their city and we want to help you!
Here’s how you can get involved:
1. Send us your events for the week of June 3-9, 2017: Whether it’s an exhibition, performance, workshop or any other happening in search of an audience, we want to include it in our Hamilton Arts Week schedule. Email email@example.com with the following information:
Fill out the Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/k3268XRpUz6q52yi2
Email the following information:
- Name, date, time, and location of arts event(s) you wish to promote as part of Hamilton Arts Week
- Name of organizer of arts event(s) and contact information (email/phone)
- Send info using subject line "Hamilton Arts Week Event"
2. Include the Hamilton Arts Week logo in your promotions: The Hamilton Arts Week logo helps unite all our events so feel free to add it to your online and print promotions of events during June 3-9, 2017.
3. Spread the Word: Pass this message along throughout your Hamilton networks and encourage them to visit www.hamiltonartscouncil.ca/artsweek to learn how they can get involved.
We look forward to seeing what you've got planned for this exciting week for arts and culture!
ARTS WEEK SCHEDULE
Hamilton Arts Week 2017 Day 1 Schedule
Hamilton Arts Week 2017 Day 2 Schedule
Hamilton Arts Week 2017 Day 3 Schedule
Hamilton Arts Week 2017 Day 4 Schedule
Hamilton Arts Week 2017 Day 5 Schedule
Hamilton Arts Week 2017 Day 6 Schedule
Hamilton Arts Week 2017 Day 7 Schedule