After nearly three years of loyal service, Sandy Towle will be stepping down from the Board of Directors to pursue an exciting career opportunity in the Windsor region. On behalf of the entire Board, I wish Sandy all the best and thank him for his outstanding contribution to the Hamilton Arts Council as our Treasurer.
Due to this development, the Hamilton Arts Council Board of Directors now has an immediate vacancy for the role of Treasurer. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working individual who will champion the arts in the Hamilton region by contributing their financial expertise to the organization.
The role of the Board of Directors is to advise on policy, planning and strategic direction, and assist with the leadership and promotion of the Hamilton Arts Council’s Mission, Vision and Values in accordance with its bylaws. Responsibilities of Directors include, but are not limited to:
- attending six annual board meetings and the Annual General Meeting
- serving on one internal committee by attending monthly meetings
- acting as a vocal and positive ambassador and advocate of the Hamilton Arts Council’s Mission, Vision and Values
In addition to fulfilling the expectations of Board Directors, the Treasurer is responsible for the following functions:
- preparing and presenting Board Financial Reports using updated data provided by the Bookkeeper
- presenting the annual Financial Report and motion to appoint the Auditor to our membership at the Annual General Meeting
- assisting the Executive Director in providing requested documentation to the appointed auditor at the end of each fiscal year
- assisting the Executive Director in the preparation and presentation of the Annual Budget
- acting as a signing authority on behalf of the Board for legal and financial purposes
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences. Demonstrated capacity to read, understand and interpret financial statements is a requirement of this role. Previous service on a not-for-profit board is considered an asset.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume by Friday, March 20. Applications may be submitted to David Premi, Board President via email with the Subject Line “HAC Board Treasurer.”