The Hamilton Arts Council is seeking qualified applicants for the limited term position of Operations Officer. This is a temporary 16-week parental leave coverage position commencing Tuesday September 6, 2016 and ending Friday December 23, 2016.
The Operations Officer of the Hamilton Arts Council is responsible for supporting the Executive Director in the implementation and communication of the vital role of arts and culture in Hamilton region. Over the term of this contract, this position will provide leadership on several key initiatives including Culture Guide distributions, Culture Days, the 23rd Hamilton Literary Awards, and our annual Holiday Party. The successful candidate will have a strong arts administrative background, experience in arts and cultural programming, and a demonstrated commitment to the local arts community.
The Operations Officer will work on site in the Hamilton Arts Council office and at Hamilton-area arts venues for meetings and events as required. The successful candidate will work both independently and in collaboration with Hamilton Arts Council staff, Board directors and volunteers.
- Manage content and distributions for the Hamilton Arts Council’s various communications platforms including website, e-newsletters and social media
- Support the distribution of the 2016-2017 Culture Guide at Supercrawl and via regional deliveries to advertisers, arts organizations and distribution partners
- Promote widespread participation in Culture Days 2016 activities in partnership with the Culture Days Community Task Force and local partners
- Lead the successful delivery of the Hamilton Literary Awards event in partnership with our Literary Arts Committee including sponsorships, event planning and promotions
- Coordinate the annual Member Holiday Party in partnership with our Membership Committee
- Support the Executive Director with office and administrative tasks as assigned
- Previous experience in arts administration and/or artist-run culture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with well-developed organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and lead projects with strong personal initiative while remaining open to collaboration and feedback
- High level of computer proficiency with Google Drive and Apps, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop; experience with Mac OS and Hootsuite would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated engagement and experience in Hamilton’s arts community
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license and access to a vehicle would be considered an asset
The Operations Officer (parental leave coverage) will work 30 hours a week at a rate of $16/hour with specific hours to be determined in consultation with the Executive Director; occasional evening and weekend hours are to be to be expected with this position and will be compensated with time off in lieu.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, current resume and contact information for two references as a Word or PDF file attachment no later than Friday August 12, 2016 at 4:00pm. Email your application to email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Officer.”
The Hamilton Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Please feel free to download this job posting in PDF form to share with your colleagues.