PUBLIC PROGRAMS OFFICER
The Public Programs Officer reports to the Executive Director and will serve as the lead project coordinator on public programs and events including Hamilton Arts Week, LivingArts Workshops, Art Bus Studio Tours and other public events presented by the Hamilton Arts Council.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, outgoing arts professional who contributes strong event planning experience as well as a commitment to outreach and inclusion and a firm grounding in Hamilton’s diverse arts and cultural community.
Experience in marketing, graphic design (Adobe InDesign and Photoshop). Grant and copy writing experience is also desirable. The successful candidate will work on site in the Hamilton Arts Council office and at Hamilton-area arts venues when working with community stakeholders.
The Public Program Officer will work both independently and in collaboration with Hamilton Arts Council staff, Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Lead the coordination of annual Hamilton Arts Week in collaboration with community stakeholders.
- Planning and execution of Arts Week events including evaluation and grant reporting.
- Coordinate LivingArts Workshops and other professional development activities presented by the Hamilton Arts Council.
- Planning and Day of Coordination of the Art Bus Studio Tours.
- Collaborate with the Visual Arts Committee and deliver ongoing programs.
- Sit on Visual Arts Committee as HAC staff representative.
- Prospective grant research and application writing (in conjunction with other staff).
- Must be available to flex hours to accommodate evening and weekend events.
- Outgoing and friendly disposition.
- A valid Drivers License.
- Experience working with arts organizations or other not-for-profit organizations.
- A strong interest in outreach activities.
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with Google Drive, Adobe In-Design and Microsoft.
Hours: 3.5 days per week = 24 hours weekly
Salary: $25,000 per annum.
This is a one-year contract position with the possibility of renewal
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 3, 2017 by 4PM.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and 3 references via email to: The Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about the Hamilton Arts Council visit: www.hamiltonartscouncil.ca or download the PDF.