The Hamilton Arts Council Culture Guide promotes and celebrates music, visual arts, literature and the performing arts in the Hamilton region. Published annually, the Guide tells the stories of the artists, performers and musicians that call Hamilton home.
Now in our fourth year of publication, the Guide has proven to be the go-to source on the market that focuses exclusively on arts and culture in Hamilton. This year’s Guide will feature:
- Original editorial content highlighting what’s new and notable in the Hamilton arts scene
- Our updated Culture Directory listing of arts organizations and venues throughout the city
- A handy Culture Calendar highlighting major festivals, performances and productions for the coming year
- A distribution model of 20,000 copies throughout the greater Hamilton region
2017-18 Culture Guide
The 2017-18 Culture Guide has arrived and was launched during Supercrawl 2017. Filled with up-to-date listings and a timely calendar for arts and culture events in 2017-18, this year's Culture Guide features the following original editorial content:
- Building Cultural Legacies - acclaimed visual artist Stephanie Vegh writes about the new Building Cultural Legacies initiative to archive the history of the region's visual arts scene spearheaded by the Hamilton Arts Council's Visual Arts Committee
- Hidden Music Scene - award-winning author David Lee covers the underground music scene of Hamilton including interviews with the folks behind Something Else! Festival of Creative Music, HAVN, and the Strangewaves Festival.
- Learning through the Arts - arts writer Laura Furster reviews the opportunities and challenges facing arts educators in Hamilton with the Hamilton Academy of Performing Arts, McMaster Museum of Art and Redeemer University.
View the 2017-18 Culture Guide
To view the Guide, or download your PDF copy, click on the image below.
The Hamilton Arts Council is grateful to have partnered with View Magazine in the distribution of the 2017-18 Culture Guide to ensure broad circulation across the region.
The Hamilton Arts Council is grateful to have partnered with the Hamilton branch of Reprodux in the production of the 2017-18 Culture Guide. We couldn't have done it without their generosity and expertise!