"Transforming communities for a vibrant tomorrow”
- What are the stories of your community?
- What do you envision as a vibrant tomorrow?
This exhibition showcases new visual artworks by up-and-coming local creators from southern Ontario.
Who can apply?
We are accepting submissions from secondary, post-secondary students, and college and university graduates in southern Ontario for the 1st Emerging Youth Art Fair taking place at CF Lime Ridge, October 24th - October 28th, 2018.
Guidelines for Submitting Artwork
- Artists will be invited to submit 3 pieces for consideration. Depending on space, only one piece is guaranteed to be exhibited and is contingent on the quality of the work and the number of submissions, on or before October 5th, 2018
- There will be four categories of prizes: FirstOntario Credit Union Best of Show Emerging - ($1,000 prize amount). 2nd and 3rd Place, and Best of Show Youth Category (Under 18 Years of Age).
- Artists will be notified of their acceptance by October 9th, 2018
- Submissions for consideration should be sent as a single PDF or JPEGs in a ZIP File. Each work should include a title, artist name, and contact information.
- Once the work has been accepted, work must be shipped or dropped off to the Hamilton Arts Council, 51 Stuart Street, Hamilton ON L8L 1B5 on or before October 15th, 2018
- There will be four categories of prizes: Best of Show Emerging, 2nd and 3rd Place, and Best of Show Youth Category
- All artwork must be 12 x 12 or 11 x 17 outside dimensions and not more than 5 inches deep.
- All artwork should be framed or on canvas; ready or prepared for hanging
- If framed, make sure the outer dimension of the frame is 11 x 17
- Hamilton Arts Council and CF Lime Ridge reserves the right to use the image of submitted artworks to promote the exhibition at its own discretion. By participating in the exhbition, artists agree to license the copyright of submitted artworks to the Hamilton Arts Council for the purpose of web promotion, exhibition, broadcast, and publication, before and during the exhbition.
- The Hamilton Arts Council is not responsible for the delivery or return of submitted
- artwork, nor for storing artwork after the pick-up dates. Artists must collect their work at the designated time. If sending artwork by mail sufficient return postage must be included.
- All artwork must be picked up on the designated pick up dates or it will become the
- property of the Hamilton Arts Council to dispose of at its discretion. Installation and curatorial decisions fall to the Hamilton Arts Council.
- We cannot guarantee where artwork will be hung in the gallery, nor can we guarantee your pieces will be hung in series.
The Hamilton Arts Council
The Hamilton Arts Council exists to strengthen the role of the arts and culture in the City of Hamilton by making the arts accessible and relevant to the entire community. Founded in 1969 and incorporated in 1973, the Hamilton Arts Council is the second largest and one of the oldest community arts councils in Ontario. Originally known as the Hamilton & Region Arts Council and later Arts Hamilton, we have a long history of supporting local arts and culture through publication, advocacy and community partnerships.
About CF Lime Ridge
From atop Hamilton's mountain, CF Lime Ridge dominates the retail scene in Ontario's third largest city. With it's convenient location, accessible from the Lincoln Alexander Parkway, the centre also serves the neighbouring communities of Dundas, Ancaster, Stoney Creek, and Brantford. CF Lime Ridge boasts a GLA of 814,000 sq. ft. and more than 210 trend-setting retailers, delivering an upscale shopping experience across a trade area of more than 500,000 residents. Recently, CF Lime Ridge executed a major remerchandising plan for the centre that has brought in many desirable brands such as Sephora, Victoria's Secret and Forever 21.
For inquires please contact:
Hamilton Arts Council