To communicate, advocate and mediate for the arts and the role of the arts in the community of Hamilton.
The Hamilton Arts Council exists to strengthen the role of the arts and culture in the City of Hamilton by making the arts accessible and relevant to the entire community.
1. We value all members of Hamilton’s diverse creative communities.
2. We believe that the arts in Hamilton are made stronger through collaboration.
3. We hold that our Artists provide a critical creative dialogue essential to the ongoing social and economic
health of the community.
2016-2019 Strategic Plan
Our Board of Directors approved a new three-year Strategic Plan in May 2016 that outlines four strategic goals to further our mission:
- Amplify the role of the arts in Hamilton’s public discourse
- Increase financial security and viability of the organization
- Ensure the arts are thriving in Hamilton and its communities
- Provide meaningful resources and services for artists
The entirety of the 2016-2019 Strategic Plan including its planning process is available here in PDF format.
Our 2017-2018 Annual Report is now available online: