Many volunteers have been involved with the Hamilton Arts Council in various roles and we are always seeking more helping hands to help us deliver more to our community! The Hamilton Arts Council works to advocate, mediate and communicate for the arts in Hamilton and, as one of our volunteers, you can help!
As a volunteer, you can let us know the days that work best for you or the capacity in which you want to work for us. We will let you know where we need the most help and create a schedule that will work best for you and the task at hand.
The Hamilton Arts Council's Volunteer Program provides opportunities for members of the community to make personal contributions of time, energy, and skills to help our organization achieve its mission. The program is open to anyone interested in making a difference and offers a wide range of opportunities making use of a variety of skillsets.
WHY VOLUNTEER AT THE HAMILTON ARTS COUNCIL?
- Get involved in the Hamilton arts scene
- Explore and develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Be part of special Hamilton Arts Council events and gatherings such as our AGM, Hamilton Literary Awards, and Supercrawl
- Receive recognition and recommendations for a job well done
THERE’S SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!
Check out these volunteer opportunities at various levels of commitment. Whether you have a few hours here and there, or want to come in once a week – there is something here for you.
Example of Volunteer Opportunities:
- Office Assistance: pitch in at the office on social media updates, membership communications, preparing mailings, archiving materials, and other tasks
- Graphic Design: create graphics to promote our activities and community, or volunteer to photograph local arts events
- Special Events: help us set up and run public events like the Hamilton Literary Awards, Supercrawl booth, and our Annual General Meeting
- Business Volunteers for the Arts: share your business expertise with one of our small organizational members through a problem-solving mentorship. Learn more here.
- Local Distributions: help us spread the word about local arts and culture by distributing Culture Guides, posters and postcards across the Hamilton region.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Simply fill out the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM!
We will review your application and be in touch shortly to discuss your interest further.